BHYFC Results 10th November and Fixtures 17th November

Bergholt Heath Youth Football ClubBergholt Heath YFC – Results 10th November

BHYFC Under 9s vs Colchester Villa Yellows

Following the Remembrance Day minute’s silence, which was impeccably observed by both teams and supporters alike, the match kicked-off with Bergholt looking to avenge a very close one-nil defeat by the visitors Colchester Villa Yellows only a few weeks ago.

As with the first match, the teams were both evenly matched and most of the game was played in the middle third of the pitch with Bergholt looking to pass their way through Villa, whilst Villa looked to pump the ball forward to their lone striker.  Chances were limited, however Bergholt had the best two opportunities of the half.  Firstly when James made a great run down the left, which saw him put a delightful ball across the box which found Thomas H alone at the far post.  Unfortunately his first time effort went just wide.  The second fell to Theo who was all lined up to hit a shot, but was superbly tackled by the Villa defender.

Bergholt’s defence, in particular Eddie and Joseph, were keeping the Villa attack at bay and if any chances did arise, Daniel was able to handle them with ease.  HT 0-0.

The second half was very much like the first with both teams cancelling each other out in the middle of the pitch and it was clear that one goal would decide it.  With five minutes to go, the Villa tactic paid off when a long ball to their striker saw him burst through the Bergholt defence and then round Daniel.  The goal-bound effort was too far in front of him to head it clear so the covering defender Thomas L put out his hand to push it around the post.  Penalty to Villa!

Having been denied a certain goal, the Villa striker took the penalty himself and hit such a hard shot low into the corner of the net that Daniel had no chance to save it.  The last remaining minutes were played out in the same fashion as the first 35 minutes and the game finished with the same scoreline as the first meeting.  FT 0-1.

Bergholt Heath player of the match:  Eddie Davies – lots of great tackles, clearances and man-marking.

Wivenhoe Town vs BHYFC Under 11s

As is the usual way we started this encounter very lacklustre.

Despite asking the boys to replicate the last 15 minutes of the previous weeks game, we started the match like a bag of spent fireworks.  Lack of tackling conviction, bad passing and statuesque movement meant we gave Wivenhoe the advantage.  They very nearly took the lead when a goalmouth scramble was just about cleared in time.

Once again the second half was far better we spread apart  and the passing improved. Eventually after several attacks Matt took on a couple players and slotted the ball home, GOOOAAALLL!!!

This spurred the boys on more and they looked far more confident . Numerous chances came. Fred made  himself space on the right a couple of times but his shots were just not enough.  Jack had the ball four yards out but got caught in his feet.

Eventually Tyler made a good run and pushed it confidently home GOOOAAALLL!!!

Tom had one effort go over and then Jonah’s shot cannoned off the keeper into the net GOOOAAALLL!!!

With the game safe we pushed Ben upfront which left us short at the back.  Nat , Dan and Harv coped well and we finished 3-0 victorious.

Man of the Match went to Fred for a much better second half performance

BHYFC Under 15s vs Clacton

The Under 15’s took on FC Clacton at home on the Poors Field with a later than usual kick off to allow for the clean up operation from the fireworks the night before – which had been completed impressively before the teams arrived.  In view of the away fixture when Clacton dominated the first half only for Bergholt to come back strongly in the second to win by the odd goal, the manager was keen to stress the importance of starting well against a team no doubt looking for revenge.  From the first whistle it appeared to be an open game with both teams striving to push forward and score.

The Bergholt defence generally coped well with the Clacton strikers – although they needed one goal line clearance – and the home attack was pressurising the visitors into some hasty clearances.  After 15 minutes Bergholt took the lead via a free kick from Max into the top corner.  Back came Clacton but they were starting to struggle against a team now well in command.  James Holden headed over from a corner and there were several half chances as Bergholt piled on the pressure.  The second came when Max took another free kick from just inside his own half and Sam got free of his marker to direct the ball into the net with a deft touch on its way past him.  HT: 2-.0.

The second half was only a couple of minutes old when Bergholt scored their third.  A superb piece of play involving Jake and then Max sent James on his way and he held off the defender to fire past the keeper. Within the space of a few more minutes,Bergholt scored their fourth when Max played another ball over the top and James.  By now Clacton were looking like they wanted the match to end, having almost no interest in the game.  Max scored his second and Bergholt’s fifth before the manager decided to give both central defenders a break and take the opportunity to look at other combinations that maybe required in future.  This brought the visitors back to life and they caused a few awkward moments towards the end of the game but failed to seriously trouble Conner in the Bergholt goal.

Final score: Bergholt Heath 5 – 0   FC Clacton.

Bergholt man of the max: Max Booth – another all action display – either scoring or setting up all 5 goals!

Next weeks fixtures – Sunday 17th November:

  • Tempest vs Under 9
  • Under 11 vs Tempest, KO 10.00am
  • Under 15 – No Game
Skip to content