West Bergholt Gardeners
Large garden, small window box, devoted gardener or just a passing interest? Why not join your local gardening club?
West Bergholt Gardeners offers something for every taste with our diverse yearly programme. Meetings are held at 7.30pm in the Orpen Hall on a Monday during the months of February to May, and September to December. The club is affiliated to the RHS.
Dates for 2022
- 26th September – Marc McHearne from Beth Chatto Gardens on “Beth Chatto & her Legacy”;
CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS
- 17th October – Jim Paine from Walnut Tree Garden Nursery, Attleborough on “Gardening With Climate Change”;
- 21st November – Chris Wiley from Sow Successful on “Snowdrops”;
- 24th November – Trip to RHS Hyde Hall’s GLOW Light Display;
- 12th December – Christmas Quiz.
Dates for 2023
- 20th February – Mick Lavelle, Horticultural Lecturer at Writtle College on “February – Do’s and Don’ts”;
- 20th March – Simon White on “Gardens Of East Anglia”;
- 17th April – Sue Sharman on “Container Growing”;
- 15th May – Jaime Blake from Bressingham Gardens on “Around The World In 80 Plants”
We are a very friendly group of people and new members are always welcome. Why not come as a guest for one meeting to find out more; have a chat, enjoy some refreshments and maybe win a raffle prize 1 ticket 50p or 5 for £2. Joining us is simple and inexpensive with an annual subscription of £20 due in September. Non-Members welcome – only £5 per visit on Speaker nights.
For further information, please contact Terry Claydon on 01206 241256 – [email protected].
We look forward to seeing you.
Recent news items
The following news items mention or reference West Bergholt Gardeners, to read the whole article please click on the heading…
- Gardeners’ Newsletter January 2023 - West Bergholt Gardeners' Newsletter – January 21st 2023 Hello and a Happy New Year from your Committee! Talking of whom, we have had a meeting to discuss Speaker and subject ideas for our next season from this September through to May 2024. I… …
- Open Gardens 2022 & Other Gardeners Updates - Open Gardens 2022 After the delay of two years the Open Gardens 2022 Event finally took place on Sunday, 12th June. Organised by the Gardeners Club, eleven generous owners, together with the allotment holders, opened their beautiful gardens or vegetable… …
Continue reading "Open Gardens 2022 & Other Gardeners Updates"
- Open Gardens 2022 - Open Gardens 2022 is almost here! From previous displays Arrangements for the 2022 Village Open Gardens Event have now been finalised. There will be 10 varied, interesting gardens and the Allotments open to view this year. The gardens will be… …
- Open Gardens 2022 – Are You Proud of Yours? - Are you proud of your garden? If you are proud of it, you might want to consider adding it to this year's Open Gardens. The Gardeners Association are now working to finalise details for the event. Contact [email protected] to find… …
Continue reading "Open Gardens 2022 – Are You Proud of Yours?"
- Botanical Shenanigans - Replacing Cherry Trees - Simple? Bluebell planting pear tree Writing this article I couldn't, first of all, decide if it should be about Cherry Trees, Oak Trees, Pear Trees or Bluebells; it transpired they all had their part to play along… …
To view all Garden-related news posts click the link – https://westbergholt-pc.gov.uk/tag/gardeners/.