West Bergholt Gardeners
Large garden, small window box, devoted gardener or just a passing interest? Why not join your local gardeners club?
Our members are an informal and friendly group of people who meet on the 3rd Monday during the months September to December and February to May. At these meetings they listen to advice and gain inspiration from interesting speakers on a wide range of topics relating to gardening and gardens. Coffee or tea plus a generous raffle (£2 for 3 tickets) are included too. They are always happy to welcome new members or occasional visitors so, if you share a love of plants and flowers, please come along to join in. The new programme of evening talks for 2023/2024 is below.
The group also arrange visits to beautiful public and private gardens during the summer months (in 2023 these included Utling Wick, RHS Wisley and Blunts Hall) to offer our members something of interest all year round.
Dates for 2023-2024
- 18th September – AGM and Marc McHearne – “Beth Chatto & her Legacy”
- 16th October – Ruth Goudy – “Greener Gardening”
- 20th November – Roger Hance – “Wildflowers & Orchids of the Countryside” photographic talk
- 11th December – Christmas Quiz – with Roxy and Nigel Boyce Bown
- 19th February – Hannah Powell – “Perrywoods”
- 18th March – Maggi Piper – “The Eden Project & Lost Gardens of Heligan”
- 15th April – Matt Tanton Brown – “Summer Colour in the Garden”
- 20th May – Ken Crowther – “Changing Faces of Gardening, My Gardening Life” and answering gardening questions
Our meetings are held in the Orpen Hall at 7.15 pm and the annual membership fee for 2023-2024 is £25 or £6 per visit on Speaker nights.
Annual membership fees will either be collected at the first meeting in September by cash, cheque or card payment or can be paid by bank transfer prior to the meeting (email for bank payment details).
For further information, please contact:
We look forward to seeing you.
- West Bergholt Gardeners News July 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Late May 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Early May 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Apr 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Mar 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Jan 2023;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Aug 2022;
- West Bergholt Gardeners News Feb 2022.
Recent news items
The following news items mention or reference West Bergholt Gardeners, to read the whole article please click on the heading…
- Gardeners’ Newsletter January 2023 - West Bergholt Gardeners' Newsletter – January 21st 2023 Hello and a Happy New Year from your Committee! Talking of whom, we have had a meeting to discuss Speaker and subject ideas for our next season from this September through to May 2024. I… …
- Open Gardens 2022 & Other Gardeners Updates - Open Gardens 2022 After the delay of two years the Open Gardens 2022 Event finally took place on Sunday, 12th June. Organised by the Gardeners Club, eleven generous owners, together with the allotment holders, opened their beautiful gardens or vegetable… …
- Open Gardens 2022 - Open Gardens 2022 is almost here! From previous displays Arrangements for the 2022 Village Open Gardens Event have now been finalised. There will be 10 varied, interesting gardens and the Allotments open to view this year. The gardens will be… …
- Open Gardens 2022 – Are You Proud of Yours? - Are you proud of your garden? If you are proud of it, you might want to consider adding it to this year's Open Gardens. The Gardeners Association are now working to finalise details for the event. Contact [email protected] to find… …
- Botanical Shenanigans - Replacing Cherry Trees - Simple? Bluebell planting pear tree Writing this article I couldn't, first of all, decide if it should be about Cherry Trees, Oak Trees, Pear Trees or Bluebells; it transpired they all had their part to play along… …
To view all Garden-related news posts click the link – https://westbergholt-pc.gov.uk/tag/gardeners/.