There are three sections to this page, jump to the one you want to see:
- Public Transport,
- Recent News.
There are two bus operators serving West Bergholt operating 4 transport services between them as follows:
|First Essex||17||West Bergholt – Colchester – Stanway||School service.|
|Hedingham & Chambers||754 / 756||Colchester Town Centre – West Bergholt – Sudbury||Approx. hourly services|
|First Essex||S3||Colchester, Osborne Street – North Station – West Bergholt||Approx. hourly services|
Click on the service links to find what services are running now.
The following map is sourced from one.network and is highly customisable. Although it is set at West Bergholt as a starting point, being based on Google Maps, you can expand or contract the map easily and move to other areas you are likely to be travelling in now, or in the near future.
You can also check to see if your journey is likely to be affected by roadworks (including all major works such as gas, electric, water, sewage & telecommunications), traffic congestion (tick the traffic congestion box from the map layers icon at the top left) or other events such as diversion routes or large scale events.
The default is also set at the next two weeks but you can choose ‘Today’, the ‘Next 3 months’ or ‘Next 12 months’ as well. The widget this is based on should remember your preferences between sessions as long as you allow cookies to be stored on your device.
If the map does not appear below or appears to be unresponsive, you can use this link to access it.
Recent Transport News
To read the whole article please click on the heading…
- The “Back to Normal” News Update - Back to Normal As the nation gets back to normal routines, it's time to catch up on some local news. Click the links to the updates that interest you: Councillor Lewis Barber appointed to Team Colchester panel - they need… …
- Chitts Hill & Chapel Road Closures - The next few weeks will see Chitts Hill closed for through traffic twice and Chapel Road just once. All dates are indicative and may vary according to operational needs. The following are in date order, but in inverse order of… …
- Highway Code changes on 29th January! - Road priorities in the Highway Code change on 29th January The Highway Code has eight new rules and major updates to 49 existing ones with effect from 29th January 2022. The biggest single change, and one well worth getting on… …
- Free Cycle training, Police & Other Updates - Free Cycle Training Through Safer Essex Roads Partnership, ECC is offering free cycle training until the end of March 2022. They have courses available for Children, Adults (beginners to advanced) and even families. Sessions are led by qualified instructors and… …
Continue reading "Free Cycle training, Police & Other Updates"
- e-Scooters Coming to Colchester (& other news) - e-Scooters, Befriending, Wellbeing, Fitness & Chitts Hill e-Scooters will kick off this update but we also have updates on: A rather brilliant parody of the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah, Sport Works: supporting physical health & mental wellbeing, update on 2020… …
Continue reading "e-Scooters Coming to Colchester (& other news)"
- Environment & Highways – 10th September 2020 - Environment & Highways - 10th September 2020 The Environment & Highways Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met via Zoom on 10th September 2020 and discussed: Village Ponds, Playground access, Strategic environmental planning, School buses in Lexden Road, New hedging… …
Continue reading "Environment & Highways – 10th September 2020"
- Autumn Clean & an Important Day - Autumn Clean & an Important Day This article actually addresses 4 topics and Autumn Clean isn't the most important day although it is quite so. We cover: The National Autumn Clean since Spring Clean was cancelled; Community Policing Updates; Colchester… …
- Day 107 since Lockdown – the ‘Free Bus Travel’ edition - Day 107 since Lockdown On day 107 we see Essex opening a free bus travel scheme. In other news we have: NHS Cadets scheme launched by local Chief Nurse, Essex Wellbeing Service to become a fixture, Holiday Scams: Caravan Staycations,… …
Continue reading "Day 107 since Lockdown – the ‘Free Bus Travel’ edition"
- Day 59 of (is it?) Lockdown – the eCargo edition - Day 59 of (is it?) Lockdown Day 59 sees updates from CBC, ECC & HMG: Antisocial behaviour leads to the early closures of St John's Car Park, eCargo bikes & trailers will soon be on Colchester's street, Closures of Ipswich… …
Continue reading "Day 59 of (is it?) Lockdown – the eCargo edition"
- Day 51 of Lockdown – the Monty Python edition - Day 51 and Monty Python Monty Python kicks us off on day 51. I'm afraid this video reminded me a little of some of the daily briefings we are getting. Today sees the first day of softening in England,… …
Continue reading "Day 51 of Lockdown – the Monty Python edition"
- Day 13 of Lockdown – The “On The Buses” Edition - Day 13 of Lockdown On day 13 the most significant news is of changed bus timetables (see links below). If you were wondering about day 12, it happened, you didn't miss it, it just seemed the same as the day… …
Continue reading "Day 13 of Lockdown – The “On The Buses” Edition"
- Day 4 of Lockdown – the Where’s Waldo Edition - Day 4 of Lockdown Day 4 and not as much new news although it is almost a daily ritual now to hear about recycling. Other snippets are: The Essex Welfare Service, Essex Resilience Forum, Bus services. Recycling (or not) A… …
Continue reading "Day 4 of Lockdown – the Where’s Waldo Edition"
- Keeping Up To Date on COVID-19 - Keeping Up To Date on COVID-19 If you want to keep up to date on COVID-19 with a local slant then it is worth tracking Essex County Council's information page. ECC update this daily with news specific to Essex but… …
- First Bus App – Save Waiting In The Cold - First Bus App Did you know that the First Bus App can help check if your bus is on time or delayed? First Bus provides the 66 bus service to the village which runs from Rowhedge/Old Heath via ColchesterTown Centre. Winter… …
- Chitts Hill Closed To Replace Gas Mains - Chitts Hill Closed To Replace Gas Mains Cadent is about to replace old iron gas mains with more durable plastic pipes to ensure safe and reliable gas supplies to local businesses and residents. These works will take place between 22nd… …
To view all Public Transport News please visit the news feed as follows:- https://westbergholt-pc.gov.uk/topic/news/transport/.