BHYFC Results w/e 7th December

Bergholt Heath Youth Football ClubBergholt Heath YFC – Results w/e 7th December


The Under 8s had no game on 7th December.

BHYFC U10s vs Bures United

After the performances of the past few weeks, Bergholt were full of optimism ahead of the last home match before the Christmas break.  However, any festive cheer soon disappeared a few minutes after the kick-off as it was Bures who were quicker out of the blocks capitalising from an error from Bergholt and scored the first goal of the game.  Bergholt tried to get the equaliser and had a couple of efforts on goal but it was Bures who scored again to go into the break 2-0 up.

After a stiff talking to at half time, Bergholt knew they had to step up their efforts but unfortunately it was more of the same as Bures were always first to the ball and seemed to have more desire.  So much so they added another two goals without reply.  Bergholt then did wake up and tried to get at least a consolation goal with Freddie spearheading the attacks but their closest effort was when Thomas L brought out a smart reaction save from the Bures keeper.

Final score 0-4.  Disappointing score line given the great football Bergholt had been playing which they seemed to have forgotten this week – hopefully this is just temporary amnesia….

Bergholt Heath player of the match: Freddie Geiger – great drive and effort, some of which were lacking in others…

Halstead Town Reds vs BHYFC U12s

The Under 12s made the trek to Halstead and came away with a good 2-0 win thanks to goals from Jonah Murray and Ryan Harvey.  Ben Sams was man of the match.

Wivenhoe Blues vs BHYFC U16s

On an increasingly cold afternoon, the Under 16s travelled to Wivenhoe for the return league fixture.

Yet again Bergholt started sluggishly and within a few minutes were 1-0 down when the Wivenhoe left winger was given far too much time to get a cross in, Connor let the ball slip from his grasp and the striker was on hand to tap into an empty net from inside the 6 yard box. Bergholt huffed and puffed through the remainder of the half without creating any chances of real note, although they did gradually start to cause the home team more problems going forward, with Chris and Tyler in particular looking dangerous on the ball as half time approached.  HT:1-0.

The second half started with Bergholt again taking the game to the home team and within 2 minutes they pulled level with a superb lob from Tyler that evaded the ‘keeper and bounced into the corner of the net.  Bergholt were by now playing the better football and the game was increasingly played towards the Wivenhoe goal, but a misplaced pass in midfield caught Harry at right back out of position and the fast left winger got away from him to run towards the area and calmly lift the ball into the net as Connor came out to narrow the angle, for 2-1. Yet again Bergholt came back into the match, however the cause was not helped when Captain Jamie limped off with a recurrence of his knee injury, closely followed by goal scorer Tyler, also with a knee injury which saw the attacking threat fade.  Wivenhoe then gained a lucky third goal with a cross shot deflected off Harry and into the Bergholt net for an unfortunate OG.

Final score: Wivenhoe Youth Blues 3-1 Bergholt Heath

Bergholt Heath man of the match: Tyler Earl – non stop running capped by a fine finish for the Bergholt goal

Next weeks’ fixtures Sunday 16th December (final games of 2014):

  • Long Melford vs Under 8
  • Gt Bentley vs Under 10
  • Wivenhoe Town vs Under 12
  • FC Clacton vs Under 16
Skip to content