The West Bergholt Concert Band are performing in a free concert at Flatford next Sunday 11th June between 2pm – 4pm.
Make a day of it?
Flatford lies in the heart of the beautiful Dedham Vale. This charming hamlet was the inspiration for some of John Constable’s most famous pictures, for example, the Hay Wain or Boatbuilding near Flatford Mill among many others. Wandering beside the River Stour or looking at Flatford Mill and Willy Lott’s House you can feel as if you are actually walking through one of his paintings.
And then the concert
Enjoy a rousing performance of big band classics mixed with music from across the decades. The concert will take place on the lawn of Valley Farm, so you can bring a picnic or buy nibbles and enjoy music while you eat. Car parking is £4 unless you have a National Trust card with you. The programme is:
- The Great Race March,
- South Pacific,
- Mambo No. 5,
- Swing’s The Thing,
- On the Quarter Deck,
- Glenn Miller in Concert,
- On a Clear Day,
- The Beach Boys Greatest Hits,
- Jump in the Line,
- Disney at the Movies,
- Dixie Patrol.
- Raiders March,
- Meet the Beatles,
- Tijuana Taxi,
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown,
- Forget You.
About the Band
Established in 1978 the band is one of Colchester’s longest running Concert Bands. They are a friendly group of musicians who are of a wide range of standards with ages ranging from 8 years to 70+. They:
- Play music for fun! With classical, show tunes, big band and pop music there is something for everyone,
- Organise events in the community to encourage the next generation of musicians,
- Raise money for charity, over £35,000 in the last decade,
- Perform concerts in a variety of venues from the West Cliff Theatre to St Botolph’s Colchester.