This year West Bergholt Cricket Club’s annual cricket festival runs from Wednesday 1st July to Sunday 5th July and features the following events:
- The Queen’s Head Challenge – a T20* Match, with Bar & BBQ, taking place 6pm – 11pm on Wednesday 1st July,
- A T20* Match, with Bar & BBQ, also between 6pm – 11pm on Friday 3rd July,
- Six-a-side* tournament, with bar, BBQ & side stalls, between 10am – 7pm on Saturday 4th July,
- Quiz night, with bar, BBQ & side stalls, between 7:30pm – 11pm,
- Junior six-a-side* tournament, with bar, BBQ & side stalls on Sunday 5th July (times TBA).
The Saturday & Sunday events are geared towards fun for all family members to engage with.
*nB. For those unfamiliar with cricket formats, both T20 and Six-a-side are short formats designed to provide for more exciting matches. T20 comprises a single innings of no more than 20 overs for each team whilst Six-a-side are a number of even shorter matches of just 5 overs where a number of teams play each other acquiring points to determine the winning team.
The Club’s other great event coming up is the Treasure Hunt in aid of the Tom Bowdidge Foundation, the closing date for entries, 5pm on 18th June, is fast approaching.