Cricket Fest 2016 is a regular annual event from West Bergholt Cricket Club at their ground in Manor Road. Celebrating all things cricket from 6th – 10th July, the Festival features its Family Fun Day on 9th July.
Festival matches include:
- Wednesday 6th July starting 6pm – WB vs The Queen’s Head,
- Friday 8th July starting 6pm – kids’ (6-11) Kwik Cricket with 20 teams entered:
“Kwik Cricket aims to provide children of all levels of ability and experience with an opportunity to regularly participate in a fun, introduction to cricket and to encourage fair play by all. The format is suitable for all ages but is mostly suitable for players under the age of 11.”,
- Saturday 9th July – 6’s competition (see below),
- Sunday 10th July starting 1pm – WB vs Clarion CC,
… with live screening of any Euro 2016 games as well.
The fun day will feature their annual ‘6’s competition’ which, with just 6 a side, 5 six ball overs with 5 bowlers, normally results in lots of runs being scored. There are a number of other attractions to the fun day including:
- Barbecue (also on Friday),
- Licensed Bar (every day),
- Bouncy Castle,
- Ice Cream Van,
- Fun Fair Stalls,
- Face Painting,
- Cakes &
- Treasure Hunt.
Find Out More
As well as their page on this website, West Bergholt Cricket Club has its own website with the following links of possible interest: