BHYFC Results 24th November and Fixtures 1st December

Bergholt Heath Youth Football ClubBergholt Heath YFC – Results 24th November

Bures United vs BHYFC Under 9s

Bergholt played their last league match before the December break against local rivals Bures United.

Bergholt started the brighter of the two teams looking to attack at all opportunities.  Having been told to shoot whenever they got a clear sight of goal, Bergholt and in particular Theo, did this when the opportunity arose.  Although none of the shots went in they certainly drew a few “oohs!” and “aahs” from the crowd.  Unfortunately, as has the been the case so many times this season, Bergholt fell behind when a rare breach of Bergholt’s penalty box saw Bures squeeze the ball in at the far post.  HT 0-1.

The second half was a more open game as both teams looked to attack and it was the visitors who struck when Oliver wriggled clear of his marker and cracked the ball with his unfavoured right foot past the keeper.  With the score back level again it was a case of to and froing with both teams stopping each other outside of their own box before launching an attack of their own.  So with the clock ticking by it was clear that which ever team scored the next goal would win the game.

Unfortunately for Bergholt it went to Bures, when Bergholt’s nemesis this season of “the attacker bursting through at speed” got through the defence and toe-poked it home past Daniel just as he was about to be tackled.  Final score: 2-1 to Bures.

Another frustrating game for Bergholt as once again the performance and possession didn’t turn into the result that they probably on balance deserved.

Bergholt Heath player of the match: Joseph Watkins – solid defending and crucial tackles

BHYFC Under 11s:  vs Lexden Saints Blues

An entertaining game with lots of end to end football saw the visitors run out 5-2 winners.  Bergholt Heath ‘player of the match’: Harvey Wilkinson

BHYFC Under 15s vs Romford Flyers Black (Essex Cup R3)

The visitors arrived at the Poors field very early, and being a big imposing team probably won the game at that point judging by the comments made by the home players as they arrived!

The game started with Romford showing a very quick and direct style against Bergholt’s more measured approach, resulting in some early chances for the visitors that luckily were wayward.

Bergholt’s first real foray into the visitors penalty area on 7 minutes resulted in a penalty as Max was brought down by the ‘keeper as he rounded him to put the ball into the net.  Ollie calmly sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot. 1-0. Romford came back into the game, but Bergholt held their own and in fact had the better of the possession and with a little more composure could have gone further ahead.  However with just 5 minutes of the half left Sam left the pitch with an injury from a high kick and as the defence was in the process of reorganising its personnel, the Romford striker got away down the right and hit a hard cross shot to the near post which unfortunately Connor could only parry into his own net.  HT: 1-1.

The second half started with Romford in far more confident mood and they took the game to Bergholt attacking in an even more direct style.  Within a couple of minutes Bergholt found themselves 2-1 down – the result of a penalty awarded when Harry got too close to the back of the striker as he run away from goal, and tripped him up.  2-1 became 3-1 within another couple of minutes when, from a corner, a Romford player headed towards goal. Connor look destined to take it in his hands but somehow the ball ended up in the net.

By now Bergholt were looking decidedly shaky with the shape of the team disappearing and speedy visiting players cutting through a dishevelled midfield almost at will. Romford scored again when Connor got his hand to another cross shot only for the winger to get in front of Aaron to tap the ball into the empty net. The fifth came when Mickey was caught too far forward which left the right winger time and space to drive into the box and hit a powerful shot into the roof of the net. The sixth and final goal came a couple of minutes from time: after a Bergholt corner, a long ball out of the visitors defence caught the Bergholt defenders outnumbered. Jamie tried to close down the striker as he got onto the bouncing ball but just before the challenge came he hit a first time shot from just outside the area into the net with Connor stranded on his penalty spot.

Final score: Bergholt Heath 1 – 6 Romford Flyers Black

Bergholt Heath man of the match: Jamie Bowden – never gave up and tried to keep the team together..

Next weeks fixtures – Sunday 1st December:

  • Under 9 – Mid Winter Break – no games until 10/01/14
  • Stanway Villa Greens vs Under 11
  • Under 15 vs Halstead Town LCR2, KO 10.30am
Skip to content