Bergholt Heath YFC – Results & Fixtures 16th December 2012

Our Under 8s and Under 10s continue their mid-season break and will return to action on 6th January when the leagues resume.

The Under 14s played their final match before Christmas, away to Halstead Town.  Bergholt started brightly and within 5 minutes were winning 1-0 thanks to Owen Bernhardt who scored his first goal of the season after breaking the Halstead off side trap and racing through to finish one-on-one with the home ‘keeper.  Ten minutes and it was 2-0 when Ollie Sanderson crashed a free kick against the bar only for Max Booth to react quickest and head the ball into the goal.  Unfortunately rather than spurring the team on to greater things, scoring so early in the match saw Bergholt become a bit cocky and stop doing the simple things well, which allowed a physical Halstead team back into the match.  Just before half time a free kick on the right saw the ball swung into the Bergholt box for a Halstead player to head into the net unchallenged.  After a half time roasting by the manager, Bergholt came out for the second half in the same manner as the start of the first. A few minutes later there was an unsavoury moment when a home player caught a Bergholt midfielder with a high tackle above the knee which resulted in the player being helped off the pitch with a nasty cut on his leg. Although the referee gave a foul, he did not take any further action for a challenge that would have been a ‘straight red’ in professional football, which lead to a heated exchange of words between the referee and the injured player’s father, who ended up being sent from the touchline by the referee.  Play eventually resumed and Bergholt scored another goal almost straight from the kick off, courtesy of a second from Max after a long ball from Sam Clark. Soon it was 4-1 from a now fired up Bergholt team, Sam Clark getting the final touch in a goalmouth scramble from a corner.  Owen then helped himself to 2 more goals by beating a beleaguered Halstead off side trap, to complete his hat-trick.  Final score: Halstead 1-6 Bergholt Heath.  Bergholt Heath ‘man of the match’: Owen Bernhardt.

Our Under 18s also played their final match of 2012, away to Little Oakley Reds.  Unfortunately Bergholt  lost 4-1.

The next games will be scheduled for January 6th 2013.  Merry Christmas to all.

Skip to content