February is when many gardeners begin the new growing year. Sowing seeds and seeing tiny green shoots appear is a perennial thrill.
But are you considering the design or redesign of your garden?
Come along to the February meeting of the West Bergholt Gardeners’ Association on Monday the 21st at 7.30pm in the Orpen Hall. Hilary Thomas, Garden Designer, Lecturer, Writer will give a digital presentation on ‘Garden and Planting Design’. Visitors are always welcome; £3 entry.
If you love snowdrops (Galanthus) there are ample opportunities to visit magnificent displays in our region. Among some of the best are:
- Chippenham Park Gardens, Cambs (pictured above) – www.chippenhamparkgardens.info/snowdrops.htm
- Hedingham Castle, Essex – www.hedinghamcastle.co.uk
- Marks Hall, Essex – www.markshall.org.uk
- Easton Lodge, Essex – www.eastonlodge.co.uk
- Ickworth Hall, Suffolk AND Angelsey Abbey, Cambridge – www.nationaltrust.co.uk
RHS FREE DAY – FRIDAY 4 MARCH
Experience any of the RHS’s four gardens for FREE. Our local Hyde Hall Garden at Rettendon opens its gates from 10am – 3pm when gardening staff will be on hand to offer advice on seasonal tasks. www.rhs.org.uk/Gardens/Hyde-Hall.