Tools With a Mission
The Methodist Church Fellowship Group is looking forward to their next meeting at 2.30 on Wednesday, February 21st. Their speaker will be Mr Chris Westren, a volunteer who works for “Tools with a Mission” (TWAM). TWAM collects a wide range of donated tools and refurbishes & sorts them into trade kits. These kits are then sent to the developing world for livelihood creation. Working with over 400 partners including:
- vocational training centres and
- development charities.
… they send around 20 containers filled with over 300 tonnes of tools every year. They describe their mission saying:
- want to support local people supporting their own communities through livelihood creating projects,
- believe there is dignity through work and the ability to provide for yourself and your family, and
- believe entire communities can be transformed through training and the provision of tool kits and equipment.
Any tools to donate?
All friends would be very welcome to join the group for what should be a very interesting afternoon. They aim to collect as many tools as they can to donate in support of this charity. Please donate any items you can via the Friendship Group. Either:
- Bring them to the Methodist Hall on 21st April, or
- Contacts Andrew Wilks (01206 242511 or email [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”]), to arrange a suitable time to drop them off or to see if a collection can be arranged.