WiFi Acceptable Use Policy
This policy was adopted by the Council at its meeting held on 23rd May 2018, Minute Ref. 18/73e. For review annually.
This object of this policy is to provide guidelines for acceptable use of the Orpen Memorial Hall complex WiFi facility.
The Orpen Memorial Hall WiFi/Internet facility is provided free of charge as a convenience to hall users. The Orpen Memorial Hall Trust is a charity organisation and regrettably does not provide any technical support for this facility, nor does it provide any guarantees that you will be connected to the internet. You should be aware of the possible security risks associated with connecting your computer to a network. It is your responsibility to keep your computer free from malicious code and secure it against unauthorised access.
Individuals using the service have full responsibility for anything they may download.
Your usage of the Orpen Memorial Hall WiFi facility and the network is regulated by relevant UK law. In particular you must not use the Orpen Memorial Hall WiFi facility or the network to:
- Access, send or otherwise make available to others any material that is offensive, obscene or indecent, or infringes the copyright of another person.
- The creation or transmission of material which is designed or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Make available by any means (e.g.: Web server, FTP server or file-sharing software) any material, unless you are the copyright holder of that material, or have the licence to make that material available, or the material has been expressly put into the public domain and you can demonstrate this.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others.
- Access network services in such a way as to deny reasonable access to the network for other users, for example, by excessive use of network bandwidth for music or video streaming or very large downloads.
All users are requested to turn off WiFi devices during performances etc.