Role Description: West Bergholt Parish Council’s Publicity Officer
This Role Description was adopted by the Council at its meeting held on 27th May 2020, Minute Ref. 20/59. Minor amendments – June 2023. For review annually.
- In line with the Parish Council’s Community Engagement Policy, plan, develop and implement a public relations plan that will better promote the council.
- Liaise with the Parish Council, Finance, Environment, Planning and Trusts’ Chairs to promote the positive aspects of the council and its activities.
- Highlight and promote the council’s support of the community of West Bergholt. Work with the Parish Council staff to:
- Write and issue publicity concerning upcoming council events and activities.
- Publicise the council’s achievements in West Bergholt and the wider community.
- Publicise and promote all events the council stages within West Bergholt.
- Ensure the council’s website remains informative, accurate and is regularly maintained.
- Write a council-related article for each issue of the Village Bulletin.
- Keep the council informed of all upcoming media activities on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain links with local media and act as the point of contact for the media at council events.