Following the success of their last event, the coffee morning, which raised nearly £300, the Keep the Bell Ringing Appeal has now reached £7,000. With just £3,000 to go to reach the target, the Friends of St Mary’s next venture is a Village Curry Lunch. This will take place on Saturday 11th March in the Orpen Hall between 12:30 – 2pm.
There will be a choice of 3 curries (mild chicken, vegetable & beef madras are planned) and all the trimmings (poppadoms, mango chutney etc.) Soft drinks, tea and coffee will be served and other, alcoholic options available to buy. A selection of fruit-based desserts will follow. You can pre-book shepherds pie if you are not keen on curry.
Bring Your Friends!
Please buy tickets in advance (they are just £10 each), from either:
- Teresa – 01206 241878,
- Jane – 01206 240167,
- Gill – 01206 240512, or
- Carrie – 01206 240466.
Other Ways to Help
The plan is to erect scaffolding and do this specialist work in Spring, so we need to raise the funds quickly to make this happen. To confirm the grant the donors need to see that we can raise our share of the money.
We will ring-fence all donations to this appeal, you could help us in the following ways:
- Firstly make a donation either:
- by cheque to the ‘Friends of St Mary’s Old Church” sent to our Treasurer: Rhys Lloyd, 4 Coopers Crescent, West Bergholt, CO6 3SJ.
- by electronic transfer online to a/c no. 65515734, Sort Code 09-92-99. Please indicate who the donation is coming from.
- through justgiving.com: to the “ St. Mary’s Old Church West Bergholt” appeal.
- Become a Friend of St Mary’s Old Church or renew your membership (just £5). Phone Rhys or Carrie or visit the church for details.
- Make your friends aware of our Appeal; also that the Old Church is open to visitors from 10am – 4pm every day.
- Hold a fundraising events or help us with one of ours. To offer help, please contact Jane or Carrie.