CBC is in the process of creating a ‘Local plan’ and have started the consultation process, The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group will be responding to this consultation as will the Parish Council. A separate consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan is planned for the end of February to mid April. For those interested in contributing directly the Borough Council recently issued the following notice:
Colchester Borough Council has started work on its new Local Plan for the Borough covering the period 2017-2032.
The Planning Policy team will be running the Issues and Options Consultation from the 16 January 2015 until 27 February 2015 at the following locations:
- Tiptree Community Centre – Saturday 7 February 2015 (10am-2pm)
- Mersea Centre (MICA) – Wednesday 11 February 2015 (4pm-8pm)
- Wivenhoe Scout & Guide Hut – Saturday 14 February 2015 (10am-2pm)
- Hythe Community Centre – Monday 16 February 2015 (12 noon – 8pm)
- Great Horkesley Village Hall – Saturday 31 January 2015 (10am – 2pm)
- Marks Tey Village Hall – Saturday 21 February 2015 (10am-2pm)
In addition to the above drop in sessions there will also be additional consultation drop is sessions at Colchester Library (Saturday 17 January 2015 10am-2pm & Tuesday 27 January 2015 2pm-6pm) and at Asda (on 24 January 2015 10am-2pm).
For those interested in attending you might want to access some of the project teams documentation inn advance, if so please visit the Colchester Borough Council website.