BHYFC Results 8th December and Fixtures 15th December

Bergholt Heath Youth Football ClubBergholt Heath YFC – Results 8th December

The Under 9’s are on their mid-season break until January.

BHYFC Under 11s vs Feering Falcons Reds

The morning did not get off to the best start with both Ben and Richard phoning in sick. It got even worse when Harvey turned up feeling unwell and then took a knock in the warm up for good measures.

This meant we had 8 and a half players to face Feering who we had succumbed to earlier in the season. Thankfully this was as bad as it got as the boys put in a terrific show. The passing and teamwork was far better today.

Straight from kick off we took the game to Falcons and numerous chances were had and missed in the first half. Ty got through twice one-on-one with the keeper but showed too much at the crucial moment.  Tom had a chance as did Fred and Alex.  One of the better ones came from Matt who whose shot passed the keeper but was kept out by the crossbar.

Finally the deadlock was broken when after a corner, Tom put home from 10 yards.  At the other end Nathan, Jonah and Jack kept the attackers at bay. Poor Harv was getting colder as time passed.

The second half was even better with the boys switching play about to move up field.  The second came from a brilliant surging run by Jack whose ball in found Ty to knock it into the net.  Tom got his second with a short range stab in to make it 3-0.

It was at this point we had to go down to 8 as Harv had to come off ill.  Tyler took his place between the sticks.  A man down but still the guys attacked and Tom finished his hat trick from another corner.  There was just time for Matt to knock in a fantastic shot into the top left corner after missing several chances to make the final score 5-0.

Well done boys a great effort considering the shortage of players.

MOM went to Tom not for his hat trick; but for going the whole of the second half without his laces coming undone.

Cornard Dynamos Blues vs BHYFC Under 15s

It was a hard fought draw today, but our boys could easily have taken all 3 points had we had better luck and finishing.

We got a perfect start when James headed on to Ben and he shrugged off a couple of defenders to get to the ball first and slot it under the keeper to put us in front.  Cornard drew level from a corner when their captain had a free header and powered it in.  They were dangerous from set pieces and after this we did get to grips with their movement and kept them at bay, but from open play Cornard didn’t create a clear chance in the first half.  We had a few efforts on goal, but hit them straight at the keeper or snatched at the shot and miscued it.  About 10 minutes before the break, Max put James through and his early shot was saved well by the keeper as he tipped it around the post.  Ollie took the corner and Jake made sure he won the header and scored from close in.  It was good to be in the lead at half time and feel confident, but we knew Cornard would be determined to turn it around in the second half.

They did attack with more purpose, but our defence (minus Sam Clark this week), were working well and reducing them to long wayward shots.  The only time they really worried us was from set pieces, with Connor tipping one shot onto the crossbar.  It was quite end-to-end and we got into some good positions in and around their area without finding the final shot.  Owen tried to find James, but could have had a shot himself and Jake failed to hit the target when 1-on-1 with the keeper.  As we were having the better of the possession I felt we could see the game out and maybe extend our lead, but a little lapse in concentration and miss control gifted possession to Cornard’s best player midway in our half.  He ran on and made space to fire right into the corner to level the scores.  We battled on though; and James, Ollie, Max and Luke all had shots that were again straight at the keeper and in the last 10 minutes we really pegged Cornard back in their half.

With around 5 minutes to go a ball into the Cornard area was clearly handled by one of their defenders, but the referee (who made some poor decisions for both sides) waved play on.  This spurred us on some more and we were all over them, eventually the chance came and Jake got clear and fired straight at the keeper again.  So it finished 2-2 which is a decent result away to last year’s champions, but after that last 15 minutes where we worked so hard it was a bit disappointing not to win. It is one of those games where me might look back and think, if only we had taken one of those chances.

Bergholt Heath ‘man of the match’: Jamie Bowden – held the makeshift defence together with a determined display.

Next weeks fixtures – Sunday 15th December (last fixtures before Christmas)

  • Under 9 – No game (mid season break)
  • Under 11 vs Feering Falcon Blues,  KO 10am
  • Under 15 vs Heybridge Swifts,  KO 10.30am
Skip to content